We’re going film crazy this week as there’s so much fun news! And one of our favourite topics is who the ultimate movie icon is according to the UK public. So do you know who you would choose? Well, prepare to be surprised as we delve into who YOU voted for, as the top twenty icons of the silver screen of all time are revealed.
According to a poll announced by the Film Distributors Association, you the public have voted your icons from the 1940s through to present day! And its not all heroes and heroines, some famous villains have made the top of the list too!
The poll coincides with the launch of the UK cinema line up for 2013 which we were lucky enough to attend at Somerset House in London. Hosted by Alex Zane, we were taken on a roller coster ride of all the films coming up over the summer months, and you lot are really in for a lot of fun! We also heard from some incredible speakers including the Head of Film London Adrian Wootton and the legendary Empire film critic Ian Freer!
So get ready to let us know if you agree or disagree with these poll results – we definitely want to hear your views!
HERE’S THE POLL:
20. Johnny Castle (Patrick Swayze) in Dirty Dancing (1987)
19. ‘Red’ Redding (Morgan Freeman) in The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
18. John McClane (Bruce Willis) in the Die Hard series (from 1988)
17. The Man with No Name (Clint Eastwood) in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly (1966)
16. Don Vito Corleone (Marlon Brando) in The Godfather (1972)
15. George Bailey (James Stewart) in Its a Wonderful Life (1946)
14. RP McMurphy (Jack Nicholson) in One Flew Over the Cukoo’s Nest (1975)
13. Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) in The Indiana Jones series (from 1981)
12. The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) in The Terminator series (From 1984)
11. Sugar Cane (Marilyn Monroe) in Some Like It Hot (1959)
10. Rick Blane (Humphrey Bogart) in Casablanca (1942)
9. Forest Gump (Tom Hanks) in Forest Gump (1994)
8. The Joker (Heath Ledger) in The Dark Knight (2008)
7. Tony Montana (Al Pacino) in Scarface (1983)
6. Darth Vadar (James Earl Jones) in the Star Wars Episodes (From 1977)
5. Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) in The Pirates of the Caribbean series (from 2003)
4. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) in The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
3. Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) in The Godfather Trilogy (1972, 1974, 1990)
2. James Bond 007 (various actors) in the 23 films from Dr No to Skyfall (1962 – 2013)
1. Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) in Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)
So did you agree with this top list? Tweet us your thoughts @mysnoochiebooch