Even though breakfast is the most important meal of the day (what…you didn’t know that?!) Many of you are making your excuses that you’re too busy for lunch also (so like, when do you actually eat?!) So we turned to our health guru Katrina Santos-Baron to see if she could advise on something healthy and delicious that is worth stopping work for! And here we are…!
You can read more of Katrina’s posts on www.katscapades.net and follow her on Twitter @katscapades!
Hi Snoochers! Here’s a quick recipe post. I don’t know what to call this dish (maybe Sesame Seared Tuna with Grilled Garlic-flavoured Aubgergine) but since I’d been having sushi for the past two nights, it kinda inspired me to make a tuna dish and it turned out like this:
I can’t get enough of eating fish lately. Let me share this quick and easy recipe:
- Marinate the tuna steak with 2 tsp of soy sauce, 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil, juice from 1 lemon, 1 garlic clove chopped, 1 green chilli chopped, 1″ ginger chopped and pinch of pepper. Put it in an airtight container and leave it in the fridge for at least 3 hours. I was suppose to cook this last night but we went to a sushi bar so mine was marinated overnight.
- Take the marinated tuna from the fridge 10 minutes before cooking so it gets to room temperature. Season it with sesame seeds.
- Pan-fry it using olive oil for 30 seconds each side to leave the middle a bit pinkish/raw (make sure you use good quality tuna). Set it aside with the plain rice.
- In the meantime, grill 1 aubergine cut into slices and sprinkled with garlic powder. Oh, don’t forget to drizzle some olive oil. I think I grilled it for about 5 minutes. Once cooked, place it with the tuna and rice.
- Put the leftover marinade sauce into the pan for under 2 minutes (make sure it’s just the sauce and no bits of garlic, chilli or ginger)
- Pour it over the fish, aubergines and rice. Garnish with chopped green onions. Serve hot.
This dish is so yummy and filling. I am confident that I can do 5km run later tonight 🙂
And all you busy workers can make it for your packed lunch too!
Happy healthy eating!