There’s a new date for your diary people and its called NATIONAL PEANUT DAY!!
To celebrate, Foundation Bar in Covent Garden are launching ‘Big Peanuts’ a brand new peanut cocktail oozing with nutty goodness!
Foundation Bar mixologist David Kay whipped up Big Peanuts cocktail and describes it as a ‘bold nutty cocktail comprising of a generous helping of creamy peanut butter mixed with Baileys, Butterscotch Schnapps, and a lot of vodka.’ YUM!
Why we’re celebrating National Peanut Day!!
Well, there’s a reason why peanuts have a whole day dedicated to them and that’s because they are more than just nutty.
Did you know that…
- Peanuts are cholesterol free naturally
- They are rich in vitamin B3 which is good for your memory
- It takes 540 peanuts to make a jar of peanut butter
- Peanuts contribute $4 billion to the US economy every year
- Astronaut Allen B. Sheppard brought a peanut with him to the moon
- The peanut, isn’t really a nut at all. Technically, peanuts are legumes—simple dry fruits in the same family as peas and beans.
With all this goodness and the peanuts visit to the moon it was clearly a no-brainer to create a cocktail devoted to the little guy.
So if you fancy going nuts this National Peanut Day head down to Foundation Bar, Covent Garden where Big Peanuts will be launched on Friday 13th September.
But if you fancy just going plain nuts at home, then here’s the recipe for “Big Peanuts…” so go on, give it a go and GO NUTS today!
Ingredients for Big Peanuts:
25ml Finlandia vodka
12.5 Butterscotch Schnapps
100ml Half & Half
25g Peanut Butter
Shake all ingredients with ice and pour into a peanut butter rimmed martini glass. Serve with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
And if that doesn’t float your boat then how about celebrating like this: bake peanut butter cookies, watch some sport with a bag of whole peanuts, enjoy a nice chunk of peanut butter fudge, or make a peanut butter and jelly/jam sandwich for lunch!
But remember, today, GO NUTS!!!!