Thinking you could do with a revamp for your running shoes. Are your trainers playing tricks on you and making you feel like they should still be in your wardrobe? Well, take the plunge and get yourself ready for a running revolution from the worlds largest online sports retailer Pro Direct. Its Pro Direct Running range have some of the newest and most stylish shoes for you to choose from, and here are some of our favourites.
Asics Gel-Kayano 20 – Black/White/Gold – £125.99
The Kayano is the most popular and successful of all Asics’ models, with its dedication to technical excellence maintaining its reputation as the gold standard of running shoes.
With over 18 million pairs sold since the trainer’s introduction in 1993, the Kayano 20 is here with innovative new FluidRide and FluidFit technology, with all the features that made the Kayano what it is today.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.), allows the foot to perform in a natural manner.
- GEL, Asics’ most famous of technologies located in the rearfoot and forefoot to counter shock during the impact and toe-off phases.
- FluidFit technology replaces the Biomorphic Fit Upper seen in previous versions. FluidFit consists of a webbing of stretchy overlays along the midfoot and forefoot for a more adaptive and personalised fit.
- Gender-specific fit and cushioning, the men’s version has an offset 3mm lower than the women’s model.
Puma Mobium Elite Glow – Lime Punch – £89.99
The Puma brand is always at the forefront of innovation, and their Mobium Elite Glow running trainers are no different.
With PUMA MoveCELL technology, they’ve developed the first ever trainer that adapts to your foot, rather than your foot adapting to the shoe.
- · PUMA MoveCELL is designed to expand and contract right along with your foot, inall directions.
- · Lightweight upper combines breathable mesh with synthetic overlays for asecure fit.
- · Uniquely sculpted, IMEVA midsole that expands and contracts along with the movement of your foot to mimic the “windlass mechanism”.
- · The outsole of the PUMA MoveCell takes this functionality to the human foot in the form of Expansion Pods. The size, shape, and location of the pods are based on the bones and fat pads of the human foot.
- · The BioBands is a finely tuned elasticized band that runs through the outsole in a ‘figure eight’ design. It works dynamically just like your foot’s tendons: the more force applied, the more spring it returns.
Nike Free Flyknit+ – Volt Electric Green/Wolf Grey – £109.99
The Nike Flyknit+ combines the stability and shock absorbing properties of a traditional running shoe, with the comfort and unnoticed feel of a sock.
Available in huge range of vibrant designs, the Flyknit+ is sure to remain at the forefront of running innovation for years to come.
- · The revolutionary Nike Flyknit upper delivers a compressive, second-skin fit that secures your foot over the Nike Free midsole.
- · For ultimate flexibility, the shoe’s Nike Free 5.0 midsole features flex grooves to promote natural motion and help increase stability and foot strength.
- · Ultra-light Flywire cables are woven into the Flyknit upper and connect to the laces, offering a dynamic, supportive fit that adapts to your foot’s movements.
- · To construct the upper, polyester yarn is fed into a proprietary knitting machine, creating little to no waste and minimizing weight so the shoe’s incredibly efficient to produce.
adidas Energy Boost – Electricity/White/Black – £98.99
The adidas Energy boost promises to give you 15% more energy return than any other running trainer.
And with the all new Boost foam midsole, with extraordinary comfort, you’ll be able to keep going for longer.
- · Upper comprises synthetic overlays and ventilated air mesh for a super lightweight finish.
- · Boost foam runs the full length of the trainer, giving 15% more energy compared to any other premium trainers.
- · PU welded stripes and a one piece construction provide a seam free upper and ultimate comfort.
- · A brand new heel counter, which ‘locks’ the heel in place while still allowing some natural vertical movement.
So what are you waiting for, its time to get out there and get running!!