Have you ever tasted Pieminister’s legendary range of pies? Served with delicious buttery mash, peas and gravy? Ooh well you’re missing out, but not for long! If you pop to Camden up until the 17th November, you can try these amazing treats and give a little back in the meantime!
Located opposite London’s famous Stables Market in Camden, the fully licensed Cattle Market (21-22 Chalk Farm Road, London, NW1 8AG) is open from 10am to 11pm. The Pieminister Pop Up Pie Shop – The Cattle Market – will be kick starting 30 farms in Africa (with your help) and get them to their fund raising target. To do this the amazing team will be giving pies for free, in return for donations to the Cattle Drive fund! Simples!
Its not just all about food though…a well-stocked bar will be serving up some great pie accompaniments including West Country ciders and craft beers from Camden Town Brewery and the Bristol Beer Factory, as well as Bristol’s own 6 O’clock Gin.
Tell me more about the charity work…
Every penny raised from food sales will go directly into the Cattle Drive fund for African development charity Send a Cow. Over the next year, Pieminister’s £40,000 fundraising target will fund the construction and stocking of 30 farms so that around 224 people in Uganda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Zambia and Lesotho will be trained to become farmers, leaving poverty and hunger behind for good.
Based in Bath, Send a Cow has been working in Africa for 25 years and in that time transformed over a million lives.
What? There’s more?!
The Cattle Market is just one element of Pieminister’s Cattle Drive:
- Pieminister will donate 10p from every pie sold through retailers including Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Ocado, Budgens and Wholefoods towards its Cattle Drive. Pie fans will be rewarded with a decorative coloured felt cow with every pie they buy.
- A series of one-off Cattle Drive nights will be held at selected Pieminister restaurants nationwide, where customers can enjoy a pie feast for free in return for donations.
- Pieminister’s retro pie-scream van will embark on a week-long Cattle Drive from Send a Cow’s HQ in Bath to the pop-up pie shop in Camden, giving away free pies en route, in return for donations.
- Participating pubs with a Pieminister pie menu can contribute towards the Cattle Drive’s fundraising target by featuring Pieminister’s ‘Prize Cow Draw’. For a small donation, pub-goers can enter the draw to win a year’s supply of Pieminister pies.
- Entrants will also be invited to draw a ‘Prize Cow’ for more chances to win exciting prizes. The best or funniest cows will be displayed on Pieminister’s Facebook page, so fans vote for their favourite ‘Prize Cows’. This competition will also run at Pieminister restaurants.
- Businesses across the UK can also get involved by participating in Pieminister’s ‘Cattle Auction’, to bid for pies; Pieminister will provide the pies for free so staff can bid for their favourites and raise money. A prize will be awarded to the office which raises the most amount of money for the Cattle Drive.
Find out more and get involved visit www.pieminister.co.uk/cattledrive. And follow the herd on twitter or facebook or become a V.I.Pie.